Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jan. 21 through 29

This week I was a little busier. I had to report a non-working monitor and hook up a working monitor to the affected computer and I had to remove a virus from another co-worker's computer. I don't know what she does to her computer but it has needed work more than anyone else's. I ran a scan which didn't tell me much, so I did what I do at home... a good old-fashioned system restore. It worked! I also had a teacher who wanted me to email the technology office about installing his textbook CD program on all the computers in the lab. I could install it on every single one but that would take my entire planning period or a LONG time after school. I passed that off to the technology guys because I don't think I have access to allow me to put it on all the computers at once. Any subscribers want to give me any insight into that one?

I also had to inform Ms. Burk about our upcoming project (Engrade - see last week's post). She was less than enthusiastic, but honestly did not seem surprised. She seems to be quite knowledgeable about computers and I'm glad of that. Honestly, I think I only got the job in my building because nobody else wanted it. I know some of the others are more qualified. At the same time, I know a lot of my fellow teachers don't have as much computer experience as I do and I'm glad when I can help them.

Well, I guess that's it for this week. Tomorrow it'll be time to update the weekly announcements and get new information out there. I hope someone got good pics from the basketball homecoming last night. I didn't go (I know - bad teacher!) because... well, I don't want to get all bogged down in the details so let's just say I was sick. If, by chance, you want more details I'll be glad to tell you by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment