Saturday, April 28, 2012

going back to the missing weeks - March 19 through 25

In my defense, I didn't post much in March because I was too busy being the tech coach.  It was a very interesting month.  I think in the long run it all turned out fine, but the week of March 19 through 25 was just the beginning of the busy season.  It was the week after spring break, and in retrospect it seems like a long time ago!

First, one of the teachers needed textbook programs installed on his laptops.  He has two.  I think if you put them both together, you might have a decent laptop.  Anyway, I had to install them because he doesn't have install privileges.  No problem.

Next I had a teacher who could not make electronic cards using the protocol she used at home.  Her file was corrupt.  She recreated her card and everything was fine from there.

Next I had Ms. W, the teacher who has needed the most work since I took the job.  The good thing is that we are friends so I do enjoy hanging out in her room.  The bad thing is... well, it's my job so I guess none of them are bad.  I suppose it looks funny when you look at my reports and see the work I had to do - clear out the printer cache, re-connect speaker wires, jiggle the Ethernet cable - but somebody's got to do it, right?  This week I  had to clear out her printer cache.  It has since had to be replaced.  Next week, the big problem...


No comments:

Post a Comment