Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 23 through 29

This week, I have been pretty busy as tech coach (and teacher and student and family member).

Ms. F was unable to open her Outlook.  This was a problem I'd never dealt with in the past so I had to look up the solution.  It took me awhile, but I was successful!!!

Mr. L - who is totally computer illiterate and doesn't mind telling you so - had issues with his computer and wanted to know why.  I couldn't tell him why but I got him fixed up.  He does everything from "My computer" - which I can totally understand - and when he clicked on it, he got "Properties."  I turned it off and back on.  I don't think he'd ever done that.  It worked, thank God.  He'd also asked me why he wasn't getting any wireless signal, which I had to report to technology.

Ms. W's printer finally bit the dust.  Bobby from technology pronounced it dead this week.  She had another one that she brought from home, which Bobby installed for her.  She got it on Black Friday for $29, thinking she'd need it at home, but didn't, so she brought it to school.

Ms. H next door couldn't get her speakers to work on her projector.  The wire was plugged into the microphone jack.  She didn't think it was when she started having problems, but that solved the issue.  Oh, yes.  I forgot, Ms. W couldn't get her speakers to work either and they were unplugged!  That wasn't her doing... she had a guest speaker who did that.  Anyway... I still have the Engrade project and Mr. W's printer to install on his other desktops.  Bobby tried to install my printer on my laptop, but I think it is a lost cause.  I may be getting a free printer, so hopefully that will work.

I am excited about doing this next year.  I have learned so much, I would hate for that knowledge to go to waste.  We have exciting stuff going on.  I'm glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment