Thursday, January 17, 2013

Starting now!

Thursday begins a new semester and with any luck, it will be the next-to-last semester for me.  I like learning and I like classes but I would like them a lot more if I didn't have to teach them while I'm taking them!  So... I am glad to see light at the end of the tunnel.  I almost quit school completely this semester and if this week is any indication (and yes, I know this is the first day!!!) there will be times when I question my sanity for sticking with it!  Maybe for some of my teacher/student friends it was an easy week, with early dismissals and late starts and days school was closed completely.  However, my mother has been in ICU this week so it has been... interesting.

HOPEFULLY in the end it will be worth all the work.  It had better be!  :D  Though who am I going to blame if it's not???

This semester I am going to do a better job of keeping up my blog than I did last year when I did this.  I am no longer the technology coach in my end of the building because it was really taking a toll on my teaching.  I was averaging $5 an hour for the coaching end of it and that was being generous.  When I got a poor score on an observation I decided it was time to let that go.  I still have a very over-committed schedule.  Oh, well.  I am looking forward to my classes and hopefully I will have time to focus on them!


No comments:

Post a Comment